Saturday, October 11, 2008

grrrrr.

"The best has yet to come."

the post that fueled my irritance:
"i'm so jealous! the high school is exactly like in the movies..! o.0 i'm SO signing up next year."
sweat. times a million.
the student exchange program is so much more than just seeing beckham or "getting special treatment"
"I also wanna go see Beckham! I also wanna eat in class! I also wanna play beach soccer! I also wanna go LA! I also wanna meet new ppl! I also wanna have special treatment in high school! I also wanna have my own locker! I also wanna have foster family! I also wanna wear shoe in the house! I also wanna go for student exchange program! But too bad im not 17 anymore... huhu! Anyways, it's a brilliant idea to have Qi as the host to bring us to this amazingly, exciting & interesting adventure ;D"
=.=
It's bout spreading peace, intercultural exchange,
knowing how you can play a part in cultivating peace and understanding among countries.
It's about growth as a person, independence,
and the courage to go where ppl dare not.
Breaking stereotypes and clearing misconceptions as well as misunderstandings.
It's about showing the world what Malaysia has to offer.
so many other things than just "having fun"
that's just a bonus.
I landed in Arkansas,
where I didn't get to see anybody famous, or try weed, or go to parties, or get an Ipod or a laptop.
heck I couldn't even sleep past my curfew of ten at night.
and yet I had the best 6 months of my life.
the experiences you get are priceless.

I'm not trying to put down these guys.
technically it's not their fault for getting that impression from the show.
neither am I condemning the show or 8tv.
this show will promote AFS and the YES program and let ppl know of it's existence.
I guess these are just rantings from a returnee
who experienced so much more than what was portrayed on television.

ps: jo got to go and see beckham because 8tv paid. one ticket (I assume) costs bout
300$. still considering to apply? LOL.

No comments: